Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up... or Stromboli in my case

I tried a new recipe that I found on the Kraft Foods website tonight. Dusty gave it two thumbs up. I thought it could use some type of dipping sauce - like salsa or a pesto marinara. It was super easy - not exactly healthy. But you could make a big salad to go with it!


Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up


1 lb hamburger meat
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup, small onion, chopped
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese (or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese)
1 pkg. refrigerated pizza crust

Preheat oven to 400. Cook ground beef, bacon, and onion in large skillet. You might put the bacon in first to get it cooked a little more before adding the beef. Cook on med-high heat until browned. Drain fat and return to heat. Add Velveeta; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently. Cool 10 minutes. (I didn't put the Velveeta in. Instead, I spread the shredded cheese on the rolled out pizza dough before layering the beef mixture on it. )

Unroll pizza dough onto greased baking sheet. My dough came out of the container with some major issues - here is the mutilated dough that I had to attempt to fix. Press into 15 x 8 inch rectangular. I didn't have my measuring tape handy so I just winged the measurements. Top evenly with meat mixture. (I put the shredded cheese on first) Roll up dough, starting on one of the long sides. Since I had a lot of problems with my mutilated dough, I just pulled up the sides and sealed it so it was more like a Stromboli instead of a roll.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (not dark brown like mine - don't follow my example!). Cut and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures that goes with it. I am more of a seer than a reader!! :) haha

    I am definitely going to try this one too!!! I think Cody would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Comment away, friends!