Thursday, January 17, 2008

Brownie Cupcakes ~ Yum-o!

Dusty & I LOVE brownies!!!! Okay, we pretty much just like anything chocolate. Sometimes I will make brownies so I can lick the batter off the bowl - isn't that pathetic? I decided to try a little spin on brownies today and do some experimenting. The basic principle being - bake the brownie batter in muffin pans instead of a 13x9 pan. No need for measuring & cutting out the perfect 1.5" x 1.5" brownies. It makes them easy to pack for lunches or share with your good friends (as in me :). You could also use the adorable Valentine cupcake paper liners to make them fun and festive!

So, here are my basic instructions -
Boxed brownie mix 9x13 size (along with all ingredients needed for brownies, eggs, water, oil, cooking spray)
Peanut butter chips
9-18 Miniature peanut butter cups

Mix brownie mix according to directions. Preheat oven as directed on box. Stir in approximate 1/3 of the bag of peanut butter chips. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pans - about 1/2 full. Place brownie cupcakes in oven.

I cut most of the peanut butter cups in half, but I left a few whole. After the brownies have baked for 5 minutes, remove them from the oven and push the peanut butter cups into the center of each cupcake. Finish baking until done (so technical, I know). I think I baked mine for another 10 minutes or so.

Run a knife around the edge of each brownie cupcake and remove them.Afterwards, place the brownie cupcakes on a beautiful plate and it looks like you worked hard on a home-made dessert. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!