Thursday, September 25, 2008

Recipe Time: Chicken Tacos

I thought I would share a recipe I tried out this week - it's a chicken taco recipe that I found in October's issue of FamilyFun. It turned out pretty good. I think next time, I will make a little more and use the left-over chicken for enchilada soup.

Ingredients:
1 T oil (I used olive oil, the recipe calls for vegetable oil)
1/2 cup minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Serrano chili, minced (I used jalapenos and a chili)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 t cumin
1/2 t salt
3 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
12 flour tortillas

Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and chili and saute until the onion has softened, about 6 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and salt and continue to cook for one more minute. Add the chicken and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!