Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bargain Hunter on the Prowl

The economy is scaring this SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) so I decided that I really need to start cutting back and finding more ways to save money which is not exactly easy for me. I thought I would share just a few of my recent bargains and a few of my favorite sites for money saving tips.

Last Saturday I went garage saling and spent a whopping $1.65... here's what I got for my money - a vintage (& very cool) Little People airplane w/luggage .50, two Christian board books .50, a travel MagnaDoodle .25, and a candle holder .10. I didn't come home with much, but I think I got a lot for my money!

Today's garage saling went like this- a coat hook thingy that I'm going to repaint for Cayson's room $1, a ceramicware pitcher for my collection $1, bag of fake blackberries .50, pair of wooden spoons (I'm always needing these!) .25, 2 large jars (I really needed these for soups) .50. So my total was $3.25!

I did hit up the children's consignment sale in Yukon this week. I was slightly disappointed because I felt like the prices weren't low enough - there were a lot of things I knew I could buy new on sale for the same price. I did find Cayson a winter coat for $15 and two pairs of dress pants for $10 total. I did find a nice pair of Gap jeans for my friend, Rylan, for $6 where they retail for $29 so that was a great deal. After that, I went to the Children's Place to look around and they were having a HUGE sale. I was able to score Cayson 5 nice shirts and a ball cap for $19. That was cheaper than what they were selling used shirts for at the consignment sale. Now, I will say that the consignment sale had awesome deals on used toys, bikes, outdoor toys, etc. I was very tempted to stock up on things for Cayson for Christmas - he won't know if I give him used toys that are in excellent condition. Moving on....

I made my weekly trip to Walgreens yesterday and I must say that I raked it in. I paid $38.32... but my savings was $42.33 - so I saved more than I spent! Plus, I am going to get rebates back for a total of $25 so my out of pocket is only $13.32!!!! This is really one of my best savings and I was sooo proud of myself. Here's a pic of what I bought (+ a 1/2 gallon of milk):


I know you think I'm lame for taking this picture but I wanted to show Dusty my bargains when he got home.

Now to my favorite sites... some of which helped me snag these bargains.

"Deal"iscious Mom

The "Cent"sible Sawyer

cheapsk8mom

Pennies in My Pocket


Baby Cheapskate

I hope I didn't bore you with this... if so, just get over it. :) This has been on my mind so I thought I'd share!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am always up for a bargain! I love coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also turned into a bargain hunter! I am always looking for great deals! I am buying Stink a used wagon (that looks like new) this week- The couple selling it are doing so for half the cost of the new one. Think it is a fair deal. Your loot from Walgreens is amazing! Have you ever checked out thegrocerygame.com? We have used them for sales and what not as well. It is a service that tells you when you should use your coupons.

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Comment away, friends!