Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meeting a famous blogger

Dusty was extremely sweet and took me to the Pioneer Woman cookbook signing… if you have never heard of the Pioneer Woman a.k.a. Ree Drummond a.k.a. PW. She has a very popular blog that features Recipes, Confessions, Homeschooling, Home & Garden, and Photography sections. One of the best parts? She’s a fellow Oklahoman! She is starting up a book tour for her recently released cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl.

Dusty and I arrived at the location an hour and a half before she was to start signing books. The line already stretched out the door of the bookstore! Before long, the line had grown to several hundred people behind me! So crazy! My great friend, Michelle, came to get her chance to meet the Pioneer Woman too and Dusty was sweet enough to hold her a spot in line.

We still had to wait an hour once PW arrived to get to the front…. I think Michelle and I were both giddy and nervous… we could barely talk. Ree did touch my baby belly! I told her I was indeed pregnant which made her laugh and get a little embarrassed due to this post.  She also complimented Dusty for being a wonderful husband and hanging around… by the way, he was a bit excited because as he lingered around the store while we were in line, he got to talk to her famous husband a.k.a. Marlboro Man along with other members of her family/entourage. I think he was a bit star struck as well.

IMG_6033

Isn’t she beautiful? She was soooo sweet!

IMG_6040 IMG_6044

It was an awesome experience and totally worth 2 1/2 hours of standing in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!