Sunday, July 4, 2010

Recipe: Lemonade Cupcakes

In honor of Independence Day, I’m sharing one of my favorite summer treats- Lemonade Cupcakes! These are such a perfect sweet for summer. They come out very moist and a little heavy and are perfect sans frosting! I normally don’t bother with frosting but if I do frost them, I usually use a sour cream frosting recipe. It’s the perfect compliment for this cupcake! IMG_8482 Lemonade Cupcakes

1- 6 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1 package white cake mix
1- 8 ounce container sour cream
1- 3 ounce package cream cheese
3 eggs

Remove 2 tablespoons of lemonade from the can and discard them. In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining can of lemonade with the other ingredients. Beat at low until moistened. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Spoon batter into lined cupcake pans. Fill 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

IMG_8483

Happy Independence Day!

I'm linking up to Balancing Beauty & Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!