Monday, October 20, 2008

Always Count Your Blessings

We had a big scare Saturday night... my brother-in-law, Keith, was missing. He and my sis had been in Norman for the OU game and he left an hour ahead of her (on his motorcycle) to make it home in time for work. He was supposed to be at work at 10. When my sis got home, she could tell he had not made it home - their cat hadn't been let out, his work clothes were still there, and his truck was home with no signs of the motorcycle. And of course, he wasn't answering his cell phone.

This was so scary because in our minds, he HAD to have had a wreck. If he had broken down, he would have called. He wouldn't have made any detours or stops because he had to go to work. My dad called Dusty to let him know the situation so Dusty went right down to the police station to put out an attempt to locate for all the counties between and find out if there were any known motorcycle involved accidents. Dusty told me right before he left, "Just pray, Sarah." So, I was on my knees bawling and crying out to God. I kept asking Him to help us find Keith and that he would be alive and able to recover from his injuries. In my mind, there was no way that Keith was not in an accident... the facts just pointed to that.

After about 15 minutes of bawling my eyes out and praying like crazy, my dad called to tell me Keith was okay and made it home. I guess he took a back way to avoid the OU game traffic and it ended up every other OU fan took that same route so it took him a lot longer to make it home. I was and still am amazed that God answered my prayers abundantly more than what I expected!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you should have called and let me know!! I would have been praying right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I am happy to hear that Keith made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Comment away, friends!