Saturday, April 24, 2010

Semi-Free

I went from this beauty to this new beauty on Monday. I couldn’t be happier that I can now walk without crutches and/or an awfully awkward waddle/walk. I’m in this for at least a month when I go back to the orthopedist.

cast IMG_7616

Thanks to all who’ve been a tremendous help through this “interesting” situation. Dusty has been amazing, taking off a week of work to help out. I think he was tired of being Mr. Mom though and was completely ready to get back to work. I don’t blame him one bit.

We did make a little venture to the city to run a few errands and get my phone fixed (though it’s not fixed). I might have driven the motorized wheelchair at Target and I may or may not have wrecked about 5 times in our short shopping trip. And each and every time I crashed, my dear husband kept walking like he didn’t know me…. though he carried a set of crutches and our cherub baby in his shopping cart. By the time I left the baby/toddler clothing department, the racks of clothes were haphazardly rearranged, thanks to the handy wheelchair and my inability to drive it. Oh, the worst part was the loud beeping sound it made when you reversed thus I made every possible effort to NOT reverse and draw unneeded attention to myself.

(This is where I’d insert a picture of me on the wheelchair but it got deleted when the apple folks restored my phone)

I go back to the orthopedist in a month to see if I can be rid of the walking cast and start wearing flip flops again. I’m ready to sport flip flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!