Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Homemade Daddy gift

I ran across this idea when I was searching online for a Father’s Day craft for my 3’s Sunday School class. I thought it was the perfect gift for the handy men in our life! When buying a hammer, I did make sure to get one they could actually use… the ones our W@l-m@rt had were light duty – not something to do actual work. We found our hammers at our local hardware store for $9 each.

I gave each hammer a coat of white paint. I taped off the head and wrapped a baggie around it. I used a strip of tape to tape off a spot for the name label area… definitely not necessary.

IMG_8242

Cayson had a blast painting! He was pretty mad that he didn’t get to keep one though. He kept telling me that his hammers were “old.”

IMG_8246 IMG_8248

Dry time

IMG_8253

I used a Sharpie to label them and then sprayed a couple coats of poly on them.

IMG_8260 IMG_8261 IMG_8262

They were a huge hit with the granddads.

IMG_8298IMG_8315

We gave one to Dusty too but I didn’t get a picture of that… we spent Father’s Day nursing a sick boy so it was very low-key.




1 comment:

Share the love! Comment away, friends!