Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Phone Dump


The past couple of weeks have been insanely crazy around here. It seems there is always somewhere to go or something to do. We have had fun with it all!


Dusty and I had two date nights last week! Unheard of around here. His parents watched the kids so we could go to a movie which was so much fun. It had been well over a year since we had been to the movies together. Then, the next night, I rode part of his shift with him while my parents kept the kids. I love riding along with him... it reminds me of our early marriage years pre-kids when I would ride for an hour or two so we could chat and catch up. I loved it.


We took a trip to the lake with my brother-in-law, Keith, on Sunday. It was the kids' first time on a boat at the lake... part of our Summer List. Both kids got to drive the boat and thought it was pretty awesome.




We had an early morning picnic of donuts at the park on Monday to beat the heat!






We made an early trip to the OKC Zoo on Tuesday. When we went in at opening, there were only two other people going in. So, we had the zoo to ourselves for awhile!



Taryn was quite exhausted by the time we made it to lunch... she fell asleep on Dusty's lap mid-meal.



Dress up time... always.

Wednesday morning, we had a playdate at the park with friends where Taryn managed to tumble down a slide and hit her head. She has a nasty bump and bruises. :(



Our crazy news as of late, Dusty accepted a new job through SWOSU. Today is his last day with the police department after nine and a half years on the force. He started at the police department 5 days before we married.

It is a little sad that this is his last day as a full-time police officer. We commemorated the day with photos by my sister this morning. I cannot wait to see her pictures! She got some awesome ones. Here are a few I snapped with my phone.




His mini-me


You all are going to think I am insane but I already ordered part of Taryn's birthday party stuff a few weeks ago from Zulily. It came in the mail this week and I am so excited! I figured it couldn't hurt to start planning now since things are so crazy come the week after Christmas when her birthday is! She will be having a princess themed party affair!


1 comment:

  1. L.O.V.E. all the pics! The police send-off pics, zoo, park, they are great!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Comment away, friends!