Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And, with a blink of my eye, he's 5.

I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I am now a mom to a five year old! It seems so old! Cayson will always be my baby, my firstborn. Cayson turned five on Saturday, April 28th with a day devoted to the birthday boy! We started the day with donuts and a visit from Grandma & Granddaddy. We followed it up with presents for our little guy.



One of the hits of his gifts was the $1 magnifying glass... he's been asking one for quite some time.



Sadly, Cayson felt crummy most of the day of his birthday. Poor kid. He pretty much laid on the couch all day long watching his new Jake & the Neverland Pirates on repeat. I can now recite every song, thankyouverymuch.


Showing me that he's 5!
We had a picnic lunch in the backyard. I offered to pick up Subway but Cayson asked that we just eat something from the house like peanut butter and jelly. Your wish is my command! (Though Mommy & Daddy ate Subway).





We finished off the special day with dinner at Cayson's favorite Mexican restaurant with family. He was blessed to be surrounded by a lot of my family. He was pretty stoked to get serenaded along with the complimentary free sopapilla.

I am so grateful that God blessed us with Cayson 5 years ago. He is such a blessing to our family! He's a life loving boy who is full of questions and loves to learn! He is looking forward to starting t-ball this summer, Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day for a fun guy! I am sad he wasn't feeling up to par. Poor boy. Britton prayed for him last night. Cayson is such a loving, sweet boy and I am so glad that he is friends with my boys! Happy "whole hand" Cayson!!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Comment away, friends!