Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pinterest Wins!

I think it is fun to share Pinterest projects and recipes that are successes... I've tried a lot of things found on Pinterest but I rarely take pictures or blog about them. I have also been on a lemon kick lately so I've tested several different lemon recipes with great results! The food recipes can all be found on my Recipe Wins! board on Pinterest.

First up, these amazing yummy lemon cupcakes from Tidy Mom. They are a spin on homemade cupcakes... you use a boxed cake mix but add pudding mix to it. The frosting was divine!!! A lemon buttercream using fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Yum, yum!




Here is my version... I made them for Dad and Mom's anniversary party a few weeks ago.



Lemon Brownies.... oh, yum-o! These rocked my socks off. They were quick and easy to make and packed a delicious lemon punch.




I also made these Lemon Crinkle cookies for VBS. Loved, loved, loved them! See, I told you I am on a lemon kick!



I set up a project I saw on Pinterest using a pan filled with baking soda and colored vinegar. Then, I let the kids go to town with medicine droppers. The vinegar fizzes and bubbles when it hits the baking soda. This project was quite the hit with the kids. They cannot wait to do it again! (BTW, I buy the huge bag of baking soda in the pool section at W@lmart... I use it for so many things, it's just easier to get the big bag! )







I also tried "Baking Soda Microdermabrasion" this week. It seemed to work well! You mix 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water to make a paste. Apply in a circular motion and rinse. The recommendation is once a week or it may dry out your skin.

I'd love to hear about your Pinterest Wins! Follow me on Pinterest to see my Wins/Fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!