Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July 2012


The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays... I love celebrating our freedom, our country, the soldiers and our flag! We live in a blessed country that we often take for granted. This year, Dusty had to work but I went ahead and had a little get-together for our family and a few friends.

We started off the day with a quick shopping trip to hit some local boutique's sales... you know, that screams Independence Day, right?



After lunch and naps, we had some pool time... now that does scream Independence Day to me! My sister, brother-in-law and mom came over to swim with us.




Taryn now prefers to give a pouty face instead of a smile when I take pictures. Stinker!




Uncle Keith was lots of fun!



Rebecca tested out the underwater feature of my camera. It works great! Ha ha.


 
I got absolutely no pictures of the food and eating part of the day. Oops! We had a huge spread of baked beans, pasta salad, watermelon (yum!), charcoaled sweet corn, hot dogs, hamburgers, homemade ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and lemonade cupcakes. Whew! It was delicious!

We headed out to watch the local fireworks to finish off the night! Fun, fun! Thanks to all who came over and thanks to all who have fought for our freedom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Comment away, friends!